Thursday, April 19, 2007

Alberto Gonzales

I find this Alberto Gonzales imbroglio amusing in that Gonzales seems to be sort of a Dan Quayle version of an attorney general.

I mean, how can you be the head of DOJ and not know anything that is going on in your department on such key questions as the replacement of United States Attorneys? At one point during today's hearings he made an all time classic Washington statement, saying at one point: "I now understand there was a conversation with myself and the president."

Obviously, he must have only been a figurehead or none of this makes sense. You get the feeling when these decisions were being made that if Gonzales leaned into the room, the other operatives would say, "Alberto, we're really kind of busy right now." And yet, he keeps protesting that "[a]t the end of the day I know I did not do anything improper."

And no, you probably didn't, because you probably had nothing to do with the decision at all.

Here is what I propose:

This guy Gonzales, since he thinks he is running the Justice Department, if you put a Burger King crown on his head would just as likely think that he was the King of England. Let George Bush take Alberto! out for a kid's meal at BK and lets promote Alberto up and get him as far away as from our nation's Department of Justice as possible.

No comments: